I made up my own rules how to tell a human from an AI in BoT. Some are simple enough.
1. Players have names. Not all players change their default names however.
2. Bots use the MAO by default; any other Titan is a human player.
3. When it comes to default names, Bots have Titan 1234 with four digits, players have either three or five or six digits like Titan 123 or Titan 123456.
4. BoTs using the MAO tend to twist their torsos as they walk. If you see two of them at the same time, they will twist them together like in sync.
5. When it comes to ability, I am quite surprised that the bots are quite competent. They do not match the best human players which can be creative and ingenious with their tactics but they are by far not the worst players either.
6. Bots don't give up. Many players often leave the game often when things are not happening their way. Many also leave from the start. But other players do stick out to fight to the bitter end.